Thursday, May 25, 2017

Female Upper Body Fat and PCOS (Updated)


Upper Body Fat is serious and is not healthy to carry fat around your internal organs


Most if not all women would love to be in a size 5 and height and weight proportion. The average female in America is not. The average American woman is 5'4", weighs 140 lbs, and wears a size 14 dress.


There are many many women who are not just "full-figured", but are depressed because they are self-conscious, do not like their figure and to add fuel to the fire - the fat is deposited in areas like arms, waist, and tummy. Upper body fat can make women look less feminine and feel not as attractive as if they had the fat deposited in the lower areas like hips, thighs, and buttocks. Genetics may have some causes in how your figure will look as an adult and where fat is deposited, but not always.


There is a hidden "illness" called Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) —Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common hormonal disorder among women of reproductive age.
The list of symptoms of PCOS


1. Multiple ovarian cysts
2. Polycystic ovaries about two to three times larger than healthy ovaries
3. Irregular or absent periods
4. Infertility
5. Acne
6. Obesity or inability to lose weight
7. Excessive body or facial hair (hirsutism)
8. Insulin resistance and possibly diabetes
9. Thinning of scalp hair
10. Velvety, hyperpigmented skin folds
11. Blood pressure
12. Multiple hormone imbalances.


    There is a difficulty is becoming pregnant but not impossible with treatment. 
    The exact cause of polycystic ovary syndrome is unknown. Depression can also set in when dealing with PCOS. Some women do not know they have this illness and go years without being treated.
    Remember "the bearded lady"?  Some of those circus acts were not real, but Hirsutism is very real.
    Female Hirsutism is an excessive growth of hair on female humans in those parts of the body where males grow hair. 
    PCOS  can cause this condition that may increase a woman's normally low level of male hormones.


    Women with PCOS are more likely to be overweight or obese.
    If your mother or sister has PCOS, you might have a greater chance of having it, too.
    Early diagnosis and treatment of polycystic ovary syndrome may help reduce your risk of long-term complications, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease and stroke.


    Treatment for PCOS.... Weight-loss and melting the Upper Body Fat


    There is no cure for PCOS, but controlling it lowers your risks of infertility, miscarriages, diabetes, heart disease, and uterine cancer.
    The first step in managing PCOS is getting regular exercise, adopting a healthy diet, and not smoking.
    Make an appointment to see a Dr. and read as much as you can online about PCOS. 
    There are books about Low-Carb diets, that are essential is loosing the body fat and getting your female curves where they are supposed to be.
    The food you eat is going to be like a diet of a person who has Diabetes. Not tasteless, but you must rid yourself of excessive carbs and processed sugars. Insulin resistance is what caused the fat deposits and inability to loose the extra fat.


    Talking with a female  OBGYN for some young women who have the symptoms of PCOS might be a good place to talk about how you feel and a step on your way to a very healthy lifestyle.

    6 comments:

    1. Hi ,

      I'm a white 33 year old south african female, I was diagnosed at an early age with endometreosis, first stage. I was advised to go on the pill to lessen and prevent the endometreosis from spreading. I was not keen at first as I was young, reckless and naive. I did'nt know any better and ignored this advice. I had 3 laparoscopies between 18-24 and 1 d and c. All was clear for 4 years. I started to experience slight pain on a monthly basis and went to see a gynae, he told me due to my job and physicaly running up and down being a governess looking after children , my right ovaries was 5cm bigger than usual. I was put on pain pills and lived off them for 3-4 months. My liver was swollen and my kidneys as well. I disgarded the pills and lived with the day to day pain. I beared it all. I had grace periods where there was no pain but noticed unusual hait growth in places I would'nt imagine would grow, manly hair! My tummy , legs , chin and arm and facial hair got darker and thicker. I thought this was due to me having european blood in me. I was wrong. Today diagnosed at 33 with PCOS and impossible to lose weight as the weight keeps piling on , regardless of following a low GI diet, smoking and no excercising due to my pain , I want to kick myself in the rear for closing my ears to medical advice that perhap I should have taken in.

      I now am married and have been battling to fall pregnant for 3 years, due to my PCOS only being diagnosed now.

      My advice to all young girls out there, is when advise, especially from a medical professional gets given to you is to, regardless of what you are thinking or ho you are feeling, please, take it. Do not let your feelings override your decision. Sometimes when you reach a certain age in life , and a situation like mine is similar, don't hesistate. God put doctors on this earth to help us not harm us. It is also fine to get second opinions as this can make your decision sure once you have decided whats best. Also remember , being a woman, with so many hormones, we tend to act emotionally on decisions as it is very traumatic to hear news about your body and whats happening inside. Get together with other woman of the same situation and talk together. Also remember Jesus everyday, he too can help you ease the hurt and pain inside, heal your heart and guide you into helping you. he knows your heart better than anyone else.

      I now wait for him to help me through this process of healing, I know all the doctors and professionals I will see he has given them to me to make my one true desire a reality soon...that is to be a mommy...

      God Bless all the woman out there...he is with you and helping you, trust him and he will make all things possible.

      Annalisa Maartens

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thanks for sharing your story with the readers.

      ReplyDelete
    3. thank you so much for sharing i am 23 femlae and i was told i have pcos and it came as a shock cos im soo young but i learning to deal with it now i was given a form of contraceptive which is interfering with my religious views im catholic and i am pro life , but my health needs to be looked after so thank you again

      ReplyDelete
    4. I first had symptoms when i was 17 and was told that i had PCOS (thin people type PCOS) and was officially diagnosed at 22 ans now i am 35. I have always had regular periods and unless on birth control pills were they irregular at times and I had a hard time getting pregnant because of the absent periods. I was always told by doctors that I would have a hard time conceiving so I would only go on the pill periodically which i did for more than 4 years, not for protection against getting pregnant, but just to get a period (since I was told it's not healthy to have less than 4 or so periods a year). Last time I went on a 3 month birth control pill and then stopped again because the medicine was not curing my pcos nor making me get pregnant. I went in search for a cure and ended up with so many drugs, medicine and even soaps that didn't work. I actually thought at a point that i was cursed that there is no cure for it, i was prepared to live like that till i read a testimony of a patient who suffered from pcos whose case was even worse than mine and how she was cured completely, I was amazed and at thesame time anxious and curious so i had to contact the doctor with the contact details that she left on the note. The doctor gave me so much hope and confidence with her kind words of encouragement to believe in myself and i was lifted because no one has ever given me hope like that before. I ordered the medicine, took it for 8 weeks and to my complete surprise, all the facial hairs, weight gain and all disappeared within 4 weeks and I ended up getting pregnant within a few weeks of completing the treatment! I was in shock. I think the main reasons it happened was that I never gave up and was ready to try alternative treatment so my body was back to normal. Before now i never enjoyed sex because it was very painful but now i do and my husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.. I hope this inspires some of you because I never in a million years would have thought that I would get pregnant and was getting frustrated and now our baby is due next month! You too can reach her on [aletedwin@gmail.com] for more information, advise and also how to place an order for yours.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Priyanka Shruti, Thanks for sharing your story here. I am sorry that I took so long to respond. Just busy with work here and really wanted you to know that all of the information that you posted will help others who read this post.
      Thanks for sharing with us.

      ReplyDelete
    6. As a sign of gratitude for how my wife was saved from PCOS, i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
      My wife suffered pcos in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because she was my all and the symptoms were terrible, she always complain of heavy menstruation, and she always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure her. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and he left the contact of the doctor who had the cure to pcos . I never imagined polycystic ovary syndrome. has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my wife will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my wife used it and in one months time she was fully okay even up till this moment she is so full of life. polycystic ovary syndrome. has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks admin for such an informative blog.

      ReplyDelete